Thursday, June 14, 2012

Catchin' up again.

More ATCs, woo! :P

3x3 ATCs Sender's Choice #4:




6/18 Sender's Choice ATC:


Sender's Choice ATC x2, round 14!:


Weekend QTA 5 - Sender's Choice ATC:


Public forums tag ATC for CraftyLass:


ATC color series - black and/or white!:


R is for...ATC:


Currently dithering over what (if any) new ATC series' to start.  The only idea I feel really strongly about right now is Firefly, but that would probably have to be public swaps to get enough people...and I don't really like non-group swaps.  (Maybe in Geek Swap Central?)  I'm a few ATCs in to yet another public swap series that I thought sounded cool, but the quality of work I'm receiving is really disappointing.  I probably won't be participating in further swaps in the series, which sucks.

I must sound like such an elitist snob when I say that, but I promise I'm not.  Goodness knows, I'm no artist!  All I expect is that people try.  When my five year old can do just as well (if not better - and she tries her best and makes them with love, which is key), then yeah, I'm going to be disappointed.  When I receive an ATC that is literally JUST a poor-quality printout with a faux gemstone stuck on it... :(  Am I being a snob?  I feel that there is nothing wrong with using (quality!) print-out pictures in your work, but if that is all there is to your ATC, then it isn't an ATC.  (The exception being digital work, but even then, quality in your print-outs is key.  I have a few digital artwork ATCs that people have made me, and they're fab!)  I will say, I've been having fun overall with the Doctor Who swap series I've been hosting, and I'm super-happy to be adding Doctor Who ATCs to my collection! :)

On a happy note, might be adopting a new doggy on Monday - we're heading to animal services again to see if any of their new-ish arrivals are a good match for us.  Yay! :D  I still wish we could adopt that Mastiff cross - he seems like such a sweetheart! - but he's way too big.  Josh says we could get him a saddle and the kids could ride him, lol! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment